MR TARI JEFFREY EKPEBU (FNIM, FNIMN, FICA, HCIB, M.LOD)
Mr Tari Jeffrey Ekpebu is a veteran business leader and corporate executive with over 30 years of professional experience in driving business profitability and organizational development in the Banking and the Oil & Gas sectors. He holds an MBA degree in Marketing and a bachelor’s degree in Management from Rivers State University, Port Harcourt. He also attended several Senior Management Courses in Nigeria and overseas.
His career began in 1989 as a Consultant with Anpal Associates, He ventured into the banking industry in 1992 as a Banking Officer at Commercial Bank of Africa till May 1994 when he joined Crown Merchant Bank Limited as an Assistant Manager, thereafter, worked for Zenith Bank Plc. for 19 years (from 1995 – to 2014) where he grew through the ranks from Assistant Manager to General Manager/Group Zonal Head at Owerri Zone.
He successfully grew the public sector and commercial and retail businesses into the third-largest portfolio in the bank. He left Zenith Bank Plc in 2014 to join United Bank for Africa as the Group General Manager/Directorate Head, South, he led marketing and acquisition efforts and oversaw the operations of over 75 branches across the South-South region. He retired in 2016, and in 2017 after 28 years of banking, he pivoted to the Oil & Gas sector when he joined Questar Pipeline Services Limited as a Director, he was also the Chief Operating Officer of Scorpio Drilling International Limited, Warri, Delta State.
He holds membership in many professional bodies such as:
– Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM)
– National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN)
– The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
– Institute of Credit Administration (ICA)
– Institute of Directors Nigeria (IDN)
– Governing board, University of Port Harcourt Business School.
Mr. Tari is a recipient of several awards, among which are:
– Zenith Bank Plc MD/CEO Award for Leadership/Mentoring In 2007
– National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN) Achievers Award In 2011
– Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) Presidential Award in 2014